This isn't going as planned.

In most ways, this week has not given the results I wanted. Instead of starting on the 8 pound loss, I've gained two pounds. Guess losing an even 10 works better? Whatever... Granted, this was a hormonal ToM, and I could blame that. Done.

I have done the planned 30-Day Shred (Jillian is Satan) every day, though, and my arms are killing me. I did take myself up to Level 2 pretty quickly because I'm an idiot I've done Level 1 several times before, just never for 30 full days. Level 2 has these things called walk-out pushups (or something like that) where you start from standing, bend and walk on your hands out to pushup position, do a pushup, then walk back and stand up. Who makes up these ridiculous moves?



The weather has been awful and I'm a weather-wuss, so no running yet. It's supposed to stop raining tomorrow, and maybe get above 50 degrees, so perhaps I'll make the dog happy and get outside again. I obviously have to do something different if I'm actually going to lose pounds before the trip. Inches would be nice, but if I come back from the cruise out and the scale shows I'm out of the 160s, I may sink into a deep depression.

Enough about that.

In about a week, I'm playing house-mom to about 15 kids -- 7 girls for overnight, plus 8 boys for meals. Have you ever planned to feed 15 people three full meals, plus two meals for 7 in the same three days? Holy crap, that's a lot of food! I don't know how large families do it all the time. I've figured out the menu and thank God for Pinterest. [Check with me after and see if I still say that.]

Of course, I'm not making these poor kids eat Paleo, so I'm making stuff I don't cook anymore. I started counting the cups of flour and sugar, number of eggs, and sticks of butter needed just for the desserts, and finally had to write it down! There's no way I wouldn't get stuck halfway through a recipe and run out of stuff. I'd like to avoid that, thankyouverymuch. Hilarious: 16 cups of flour, 16 sticks of butter, 8 cups of sugar, a pound and a half of powdered sugar, 3 cups of brown sugar...

Anyway, I've promised myself to take pictures this time, or assign someone else to. I think looking at all the recipes has caused the weight gain - is that possible?

22 days!

What are you looking forward to this month? Any big plans, or just recovering from last month?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.