Food review: Joseph's Pita Bread

You have to get this bread.


If you're counting carbs or adding fiber...these pitas will save your sanity. I'm a carb addict from way back, and trying to keep my carb count down just depresses me. I love sandwiches, but it's hard to justify the points (or the carbs) for slices of bread. And I really don't like the skinny slices that allow you to get two slices for the price of one.

Anyway, THIS is a great solution. Check out the details:

Calories: 60 for the whole pita
Fat: 1.5g
Carbs: 10 for the WHOLE pita - TEN!
Fiber: 5g
(that means that your net carbs are really just FIVE!)
Protein: 7g
WW Points: 2, as shown by my handy sharpie note on the package :-)

I generally eat mine as a sandwich pocket, with cold stuff. But I've also tried it as a pizza crust - sauce, little light cheese, some ground turkey or canadian bacon -- and it works great. They are not pre-sliced.

I've only found these in the deli at Wal-Mart. I've looked at Kroger and at Albertson's. I don't think I've ever looked at Target, but will be doing that soon. I'll let you know. [Shout out to Samantha who told me about these in the first place!]

Let me know if you've tried them!

Comments

  1. OOH! I might be willing to break my No Wal*Mart rule for those if I can't find them at HEB. I love sandwiches too and it's always depressing to find yummy bread with high calorie counts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

Week 18 Scorecard