All the things.

Okay, just five of the things going on for the last however many months anyway! [ETA before publish: I've been writing on this post since April. Ridiculous.]

It's time for the annual semi-annual semi-monthly way-too-irregularly-to-be-taken-seriously-as-a-blogger post about where I've been and what I've been doing since my last post...in February (other than the cruise, that is). It's sad. It really is. 

Here's what's been happening. 

1. Back in April, when I started this list (don't judge), this was the big thing:

Taken March 27...when I should have been planting flowers
Then, in May, the other weather-related news took over:
1. The main street by our house; 2. Six Flags river; 3. Trinity River in Dallas
Photo credit: Google
This has honestly been the strangest weather year I can remember. In early June, we finally were able to get in our pool, we aren't on water-rationing, and my yard looks amazing!
We can't see the neighbors anymore!
2. I developed plantar fasciitis in my left foot and running became an issue. Heck, walking was an issue. I'd had some treatments and the boot to wear at night and it wasn't too bad. Then Bug and I decided to run in preparation for our Color Run, and I took two steps...sharp, shooting pain, immediate limping. What did I do? Why, I decided to warm it up/stretch it out and surely it would get better...a mile and a half later I realized that may not have been the best choice. Doctor made that face at me ("Have you always been an idiot?") and I was given strict rules: No going barefoot -- at all! This was major for me! Support insoles in all shoes -- which reduced me to my tennis shoes and one pair of espadrilles; ice it every day and wear the boot at night -- which meant I could sleep about an hour at a time before the boot bugged me. Anyway, I was very good for two weeks, even when I took a business trip to Chicago. So we went ahead and did this:


Top: Bug, me, friend Ashley, friend Mallory
Photo credit: My daughter
The Color Me Rad Color Run was a hoot! I got all the headbands for us from Hippierunner and cheap white shirts from HobLob, and we met up early on a Saturday. We were there an hour before the race started, and it's just a big party. Packets of colored corn starch and gel are flying, so you get most of your color before you even start. I didn't think I'd like stuff flying at my head, but the workers on the route were actually good about aiming below the neck (mostly). 

Anyway, something about crossing that starting line made me want to try to run -- I did and my foot was fine! I had my insoles, and it was definitely a mix of walking and running. There were people everywhere on a sidewalk around the river, so you didn't have much choice on that anyway. I think my finish time was around 45 minutes; definitely not a record, but not awful considering I hadn't been allowed to walk for weeks! 

I clocked more miles in June, trying to get to five days a week. More to come on that.

3. I binge-watched Gilmore Girls. And I sucked the daughter into it, she finished it before me, and I got so annoyed at the end I threatened not to finish it. GET WITH LUKE ALREADY!!! 


Photo credit: The Google. [It was a free-range cast photo, yo.]
I don't know how I didn't watch this originally, but it just didn't fit in the schedule when it was on network TV. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait a week (or a summer!) between shows this way, and OMG I loved them all. Well, Kurt was annoying. And Dean a little. And EMILY. That woman made me seriously thankful for my momma and determined to not screw up my kid! Oh, Paris -- I'm not like her, am I? And I want to move to Stars Hollow. 

I wanted to eat all the food and read all the books and watch all the movies...

If you haven't watched, please subscribe to Netflix just for this. You won't regret it. 

4. THIS.
Violating copyright laws right and left
If you haven't seen Big Hero 6, please stop reading right now and go do it. I'll wait. 

This one ranks right up there with Toy Story and Up in my all-time favorite animated movies list. The story is excellent, the animation is gorgeous, and Baymax needs to come live at my house. How do you not love a giant marshmallow? And I totally relate to that belly up there. "We jumped out a wiiiin-doooowww!" "Furry baby." "Ba-la-la-la." Seriously love the whole thing.

5. The girl is moving out. In about six weeks, we'll be down to two in this house, as she moves to the dorm. The last couple of months have been filled with her planning (she makes me look disorganized) and she's finally down to the last little bit. Her father and I are in denial, but that's a story for another day. I remember getting ready for college and not thinking twice about what it meant for my parents--what, like they'd be sad? I'm sorry, Mom, for not realizing!!! I take it back! 

Anyway, it's exciting and she's going to love it and she's only 30 minutes away and we'll have her winter clothes...so she'll be back. *sniff.

With that, I'm calling this one done. It took me 3+ months to write one post. Perhaps I should stop thinking so much and just write. 

How's your summer going so far?


Comments

  1. *I'm sorry...NO, Reagann may not move. MAY NOT! :((
    *LOVE Big Hero 6!! Fred, Wasabi---all characters are hilarious!!
    *Never watched GG...but will soon!! I've heard great things about it and Parenthood.
    *love ya running buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much going on! Sorry about your foot stuff, that sucks. I've never watched Gilmore Girls; I should probably try it! Loved Big Hero 6! "I am not fast." Aw, I'm sorry about Reagann moving out. We're not at the empty nest stage yet but can see it in the future. Wah!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.