One of my blogging friends does a Tuesday Ten list (waving furiously at Gini). That's not what this is, but I'm feeling pretty random, so here's a list of stuff for today.
- There is nothing better than watching people you love have their prayers answered. When those answered prayers are going to result in unbelievable blessings for a baby that doesn't even know it yet -- well, that's just the icing on the cake.
- My mother cracks me up. She never fails to share some miscellaneous piece of information she heard or saw or got on email that is just hysterical. Here's a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFWA1A9XFi8.
- I'm not political. I won't suddenly become political just because of the news about Bin Laden. I will say I've got a little bit of "the devil you know" anxiety going on. What will al Qaeda feel driven to do to prove they're still a force?
- Our country has not done and can never do enough to say thank you to the men and women of our military. Ever. But we should try harder.
- I loved Water for Elephants - the novel. I am not a Robert Pattinson fan; I am a Reese Witherspoon fan. I generally dislike the movies made from books (Harry Potter, anyone?). So do I bother with the movie?
- This spring has done nothing to help my fear of tornadoes. Seeing the destruction in Alabama and points east is heart-breaking. Is it just me, or do the natural disasters just seem to keep piling up?
- I did not get up at 3am to watch the royal wedding last week. I watched the video, and it was beautiful. William and Kate looked happy and nervous -- and her "Oh wow" as she stepped onto the balcony was my favorite part. Yes, sweetie, this is your life.
- Sometimes keeping your mouth shut is the best option. I had to practice that for almost two entire days, for various reasons. And then I called in sick because of a headache -- coincidence?