Finding the gratitude.

I've not been in a writing mood. Blog topics have swirled around in my head the last couple of weeks, but nothing has really settled as being something I really wanted to spend time actually writing.

I think my brain is just tired.

We had lightning damage from one of the nasty spring storms in Texas about three weeks ago. Getting new stuff is fun, right? Getting new stuff all at once because nothing is working is not so fun. My house has been a wreck for weeks, and there are boxes everywhere. I'm tired of paperwork, and for a while it seemed like every day something else was discovered that didn't work.

Insurance. Glad to have it, really. Deductibles suck. Paying for a roof that we didn't even know was damaged by hail/wind (it's WAY up there! I can't see it!) when we'd much rather take a vacation sucks a lot.

So I haven't wanted to do much writing or extra thinking. Throw in a business trip, and it's just much more conducive to sitting my butt on the couch and contemplating my navel.

I don't know how people who lose everything in a fire or tornado recover. Really, this is minor compared to anything like that, and I  keep reminding myself that it could be so much worse. The lightning didn't cause a fire (while we were out of town, no less), nothing that was damaged couldn't be replaced, and, most importantly, we DO have insurance. We do have the ability to pay the deductible, and, for that, I am supremely grateful.

New roof goes on next week, money for all the replacement items should be here soon, paperwork will be done, house will be restored to order. I'll start with finding the gratitude and move onto finding my writing voice again. Wish me luck. And send earplugs to use during the roof installation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.