Stuck.

SERIOUSLY stuck -- stuck at this weight, stuck in a routine I won't break to get caught up on blog entries...I am MAKING myself sit here and write (and it still took three days). For a while it was that I didn't think I had anything to say for the moment. Now it's more like I just won't write...lots of topics, enough time to write if I wanted to, pictures to share...blah blah blah.

So what shall we talk about today? How about my excellent running week? I actually made it out three times (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) for over 2 miles each time. The difference? I've started taking the 140-pound Rottweiler on the runs with me. Something about having him along makes me not walk -- I'll stop to give him water, but that's it. Of course, it's more than a little embarrassing that a "run" for me is barely more than a fast walk for him...until we hit two miles. He hasn't gotten over that mental wall and doesn't believe he can do it. Case in point: We were on a new route, total 2.5 miles as mapped, and came to the corner at the elementary school near our house. When we take him for a walk, this is the usual route to home. When I run, though, I like to go a different way to take adavantage of a downhill block -- makes me feel fast, and gets the last half-mile in. On Saturday, we got to that corner, I turned for the hill, and Theo sat down. His collar came off and he just looked at me. I swear if he'd had arms he would have crossed them as he said, "No way." I started laughing as I put his collar back on, gave a tug, and he sat there. The instant I turned in the direction toward home, he stood up and started down the sidewalk. That run was only 2.1 miles - thanks, Theo.

And then he collapses for two or three hours.
________________________________

I'm in the middle of planning a couple of gatherings over the next 10 days. My stress level is somewhat elevated, but not ridiculous. Next week, my mom, mother-in-law, and two brother/sister-in-law combos will be visiting us to go to Bug's big choir concert. The timing won't allow us to have a big dinner - we have to be at the concert - so I'm planning soup and sandwiches to eat whenever you want. But I'm determined to have all my Christmas decorating done by then -- four and a half days. Given the amount of decorating that is, there may be very little sleep coming out of Thanksgiving. Then the church youth group will descend on us for the dessert portion of a progressive dinner -- ironic, yes? Check out this menu: apple pie cupcakes, pecan pie squares, chocolate sheet cake, and chocolate chip cookies. I'm obviously a masochist. Pinterest is evil, but I'll bet the desserts will be divine.
It's time! Get us out of the closet, woman!
________________________________

I'm stuck at this weight and have been for a while. Apparently my body has a comfort level here and stubbornly refuses to go lower. Given that we're hitting the holiday eating season, I'm less than thrilled that I don't have a 2 or 3 pound "pad" -- a little bit of room for a gain that then drops off the next week. It feels like I can only go up from here. Mentally, that messes with me. Physically, it's probably not a huge deal -- clothes will fit, etc. I'm making a plan, though...

We leave Wednesday for the in-laws' house. I'm taking Paleo butternut squash and Paleo bread so I can have that as a treat if I'm desperate. I know the pies will be the hardest thing - I waver between "absolutely not" and "taste it all" and I'm not sure which will win. I don't have a particular craving for anything right now, but God only knows what will happen when they're in front of me. I'll keep you posted.


What are you most looking forward to eating this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.