Gathered Thoughts.

It's not news that there are things about Facebook that aren't ideal. You hear all kinds of crazy stories of people getting ripped off and identities stolen, etc. Who knows if they're true. But one thing Facebook does really well -- reconnects old friends who would have very little chance of renewing a friendship otherwise.

It has been fun catching up online, but the in-person meetings are my favorite! A few months ago, I met up with a friend from 8th grade -- we'd literally not seen each other since then. Different high schools, colleges, lives... This girl just makes me laugh. I got to see her last weekend when I went to visit my mom. And this came out of it:


My friend has a shop that sells lovely things. She's closed on Saturdays, but we got a special opening just for us! I scored a nice Washington state chardonnay, and this notepad. I have a fetish for paper. THIS paper just makes me happy. Look inside:


My brother-in-law said it was like a fancy Big Chief tablet, and it's true! Every page has a quote at the bottom, mostly about friendship, and it's perforated. You're supposed to tear off the quote and keep it or leave it laying around for someone to find. This one says "Friends are lights in winters; the older the friend, the brighter the light." How perfect is that? 

I used a page to send a note to a friend who recently suffered a loss. There's nothing quite like handwritten pages - typing is faster, but writing just satisfies a different part of my soul. 

Thank you, dear friend, for letting us into your store and for the visit. If any of you are going to be in Waco, Texas, leave me a comment and I'll tell you where to go!


Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; 
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  
- Marcel Proust


Am I the only one with a paper addiction? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.