Tasty Tuesday: Kitchen Stuff

In lieu of a recipe posting today, I've got some random kitchen stuff to share. Let's see where this goes.

Mesquite Country Seasoning - I discovered this seasoning mix at a home show last year. I had been looking for flavor with no sugar or MSG or any of that stuff that's bad for you. I use this almost every time I roast vegetables - it's spicy but not over-the-top - and I've tried it on everything from chicken to pork. I'm running low so I either need to go to another home show or get online.

Iced coffee - Pioneer Woman has this recipe that I thought was ridiculous and too much trouble. I didn't try it until a few weeks ago, and now I don't ever want to run out. I use her process, with 4 ounces of coffee and 2 quarts of water (less than she makes at a time). I tried a recipe out of the newspaper last week and it was a disaster. So I'm sticking with her recipe. Thanks, PW!



Mrs. Meyers cleaning products -- BASIL scent! This one is still hard to find in the stores. Central Market has come through for me, but mostly I just buy it on the website. A friend that I visited in Santa Fe had this scent and it just made me feel happy. I've been buying it ever since. Any Mrs. Meyers is nice, but basil just speaks to me.


Flavored olive oil -- I'm headed to my mom's house this weekend and I have to make a special stop to get some garlic flavored olive oil at a shop down there. I love brushing this on fish and steak. It adds just a little something...I use it on veggies, too, but mostly on meats. Check it out if you find it in your store.

Balsamic vinegar - I've experimented with all different kinds for all sorts of things. I found a tangerine balsamic at the same specialty shop as the garlic olive oil that is just lovely on fruit - strawberries dipped in balsamic is a go-to dessert. Even the store brands (Target especially) are great for marinating steak or pork, but they won't overpower the other seasonings.

I know there's more stuff, but I'm out of time and I'm determined to actually post on a Tuesday!

What can't you live without in your kitchen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.