My next 20 presents.

I have a new toy, and I better like it a whole lot, because it's all I get for the next 20 present "events."


For anyone who is new let's recap:

  • I started running a couple of years ago. 
  • I live in Texas.
  • I ran through one of the hottest summers on record. Then I did it again the next summer.
  • I got up at the crack of dawn during those hot summers to avoid some of the heat.
Here we are at the beginning of fall and what do I do? Buy a treadmill. So I can run inside when it's cold. I never claimed to be very bright.

And this baby is nice. It's iFit compatible which means my workouts are tracked and available online. But that's not the coolest thing.


This is the basic screen. Default track running is boring, but when Buffy the Vampire Slayer is on the TV, I don't need much. 

HERE is the coolest thing:


It has videos of runs! This is the Hana Run - a Hawaiian path along the coast! Notice the time and distance noted here, but the runner controls the speed. And as you run...


...the scene progresses at whatever speed you're going! I've done this one once so far and it was amazing. Tree-lined street, view of the coast, waves...it was gorgeous. 

As usual, I can't let an "i" product go unremarked - I don't do Apple products. Sure, this one is nice, but of course there's a catch. I went to the iFit site and mapped out a video of my own -- Italian coast, 2 miles out and back. It uses Google maps to give the satellite view and show you what's around. I was so excited, I ran up to the treadmill and logged in. First screen up showed my new Italian route...and when I clicked it, I got the message that using this route required an upgraded membership! 

Seriously, WHY did it allow me to make a route in the first place if I didn't have the membership! Arghhhh. 

And yes, I'm too cheap to pay for the membership, but that's not the point. Way to go, Apple. You deepened my resolve to stay away from "i" stuff. 




Comments

  1. Wow, this looks like it should do the running FOR you! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, have fun with your new toy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

Week 18 Scorecard