Giving thanks (Post #1)

It's the month of remembering to be thankful. I don't know why it requires a specific day or meal to remind me, but somehow I slip into that "poor me, it's all awful" mindset. So this month I'll use this space to specifically be thankful. And maybe it'll make enough of an impact that I will remember to do it more often.

November 1: I'm thankful for faith. Faith that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train. Faith that seemingly insurmountable obstacles are really just speed bumps. Faith that when I'm ready to completely give up, someone or something will cross my path with exactly what I need to hear.

November 2: I'm thankful for my husband. I typed that, and then let it sit for about three hours. How do make a list of things for this one? He can fix almost anything mechanical. He puts up with my impatience. He loves our daughter. He makes me laugh. He tries not to make me cry. He tries not to let anyone else make me cry. Through twenty-three years, he's been the one to most often affect the November 1st item above -- making me need faith, and giving me more exactly when I need it.

Okay, Post #1 done. If nothing else, this project will make me do a lot of entries in November!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

Week 18 Scorecard