Where do I go from here?

I'm so embarrassed I only had four posts in September! What is wrong with me? Work has been crazy busy, so maybe that's my excuse. I think it's more about not feeling I had anything new to share.

People with toddlers are way funnier bloggers.

Anyway, today I start again with the weekly weigh ins. Last week was actually the end of my 30-day (abandoned) experiment, but I did manage to (mostly) stay off the scale. Right now, I feel fat -- but that's temporary, I'm sure.

Here's the deal. I'm not counting calories or points, so I can't report on how I've done with that. I eat Paleo -- that's either a do or a not-do thing. I need to reset my expectations - for this blog, for what I measure -- because otherwise I'll never have anything to write about.

What I have done:

  • Tried some awesome new recipes -- Paleo baked apples, zucchini noodles, salmon patties, bacon-wrapped meatloaves, butternut squash,  and homemade creamer for my coffee, to name a few.
  • Started running again -- and I've set new distance goals for myself. I am also trying to figure out what total weekly distance I should shoot for, as another measure.
  • Watched my teenager decide there's something to this whole "cut sugar and carbs" thing, and lose 8 pounds we didn't even know she had to lose.
  • Cut artificial sweeteners completely.
What I have not done:
  • Dropped a lot of weight in the last month - couple more pounds.
  • Given up wine -- sometimes I think it's because I'm bored with water, and that's all I drink besides morning coffee!
  • Completed a 30-day reset -- and I really think I need to do that soon.
  • Consistently planned a full week's menu every week.
  • Started other kinds of workouts -- I've had this on my list for a while, but haven't really moved toward it. This is important for winter when outside may not be an option.
Writing all that down helps, I think. And I should probably say I've not gained any weight, as that's kind of important to remember.

For now, I think I'll try some not-so-weight-focused posts, with just checking in on that side and still doing the weigh ins, workout recaps. But that doesn't have to be the entire focus. Let's see how that goes.
___________________________________________

On the subject of other things, a co-worker got this email today:

Hello ,
I'm looking for someone who can handle my business & personal errands at his/her spare time as I keep traveling a lot. Someone who can offer me these  services mentioned below:
* Mail services (Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS or USPS)
* Shop for Gifts
* Bill payment (pay my bills on my behalf, access to the funds would be provided by me)
* Sit for delivery (at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.
Let me know if you will be able to offer me any or all of these services and $500 would be your weekly payment.

If you are ready to go, send me your details like complete name/address/country/state/ city/zip/phone  or you could even attach your resume.
P.S- You are not required to spend even a single dime from your pocket.

Regards,
Walter Smith

Several things come to mind for me as I read that.
1. What exactly does Walter do for a living that makes this personal assistant necessary? How can I get that job [HIS, not the PA]?
2. Why is my immediate thought that the "delivery" has to be drugs? Too much Breaking Bad, I think.
3. Where does Walter live that someone else has to get the mail? They bring it to you, in this country. See #2.
4. Does anyone actually respond to these?
5. So much for spam filters at work.

It's so very tempting to respond. What would you say to Walter?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

Week 18 Scorecard