Week 9 scorecard

I'm late posting this. It was not an attempt to skip it completely, although the thought occurred to me. But that would just be cheating myself.

I gained 4/10ths of a pound. Takes my total loss to 12.5 pounds.

I know that isn't much, but it feels like a lot. So I wanted to get measurements done to see if I'd be encouraged by that. It's only been a month, so I wasn't at all sure what to expect. I know some of my clothes fit better, and I bought a couple of shirts that were a size smaller than I'd been wearing. Overall, not bad. Waist down 1/2 inch, hips down an inch, and a few other losses overall.

I keep reminding myself this is not a sprint, it's a marathon, and gains are inevitable. Less than 1/2 pound, especially considering the weekend I had, is nothing to be defeated by. I know all this.

But I'm at that stage/weight where my body fights really, really hard to hang onto every ounce. I've been at this weight so many times, and this is where it starts creeping back up. It's unbelievably frustrating, and I've got to fight to keep from giving up.

I also know I've been casual about planning and tracking my food for the last couple of weeks, and that's on me.

Time to regroup and pay attention to my food. The workouts have been good - and that has to continue. It's a new week. Let's go.



Comments

  1. I think I needed this today.

    I am so frustrated with the utter lack of progress. Part of it is because I literally haven't had the time OR energy to stick to anything. The other part is simply because my body hates me (true story).

    You're right. It's a marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

Week 18 Scorecard