25 Days of Blogging, part 3

I've not had the slightest idea what to write for the last several days. I've read so many postings on the tragedy of last Friday, and am not sure I can add anything at this point to the words eloquently written by others. I know that losing a child is so devastating that words seem to be completely inadequate. Knowing people care and hurt with you is precious. Honor the memories of the lost, respect the feelings of the survivors, and above all, pray for the strength for all touched by this tragedy.

Maybe I'll have something to say in a few days, but for now, I'm just going to pick up with the Christmas blogging. [I just found out that peanutbutterjenny, who started this challenge, is from Newtown and lives minutes from the elementary school. She's studying to be a teacher.]


www.peanutbutterjenny.com
15. The best gift you've given.
I don't know if it would be the best, but it's one I was soooo excited about it. Remember back when everything had those two angels on it -- one looking up with chin on folded arms, wings showing? I had one on the little notebook I wrote about here. Anyway, my mom has collected Snow Babies (angel figurines) for years, and I decided to get her a large print of these angels. It was framed beautifully and I remember being so excited about her reaction. To this day, it hangs in the living room where I grew up. It was the first time I remember being more excited about something I was giving than wondering what I would get myself.

16. Hardest person to buy for?
Apparently I surround myself with difficult people. RDub is absolutely impossible to shop for, because he is a world-class shopper and simply puts stuff in an online cart somewhere and gives me the password. Or he buys it himself, gives it to me to wrap, and tries to forget about it until he can open it.

17. Post a picture of an old Christmas card
I have some, but I'll come back to this.

18. When do you open gifts?
Christmas morning! The kids get to open one on Christmas Eve. This year, though, we're going to open some on Christmas Eve with the son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. I believe Bug wants to wait on hers until Christmas morning (at least I hope!).

19. Favorite stocking stuffer
I'll answer a different question, maybe. The traditional stocking stuffers - both when I was a kid and now with my kids -- are underwear and socks. I am breaking tradition for the first time this year because I'm not sure I can buy my 30-year-old son socks anymore. If I get an emergency call from his wife in February because he's wearing rags, I'll know it was a failed experiment. Oh, and cuties (tangerines).

Outta time for today. Join the conversation if you haven't already!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.