2012: A Weight Odyssey
I'm not a big fan of resolutions - new year or otherwise - perhaps because of the pressure the word implies. Last January, however, I made one determination -- to get the weight off for the last time. Let's see how that turned out:
- I lost 35 pounds. That's a little more than half my goal.
- I've gone from a size 18/20 to a 12/14.
- I've lost 6" in my hips and 5" in my waist.
- My triglycerides dropped from 200 to 40, cholesterol from 220 to 194, HDL up from 25 to 60.
- I can run a 5K without stopping.
- My pace on a mile has dropped from around 13 minutes to under 12 minutes. My usual two+ mile runs take about 25 minutes.
- I've completely changed the way I (and the family) eat. I don't count calories or weigh portions, and I'm always satisfied when I finish a meal.
- I've experimented with countless new recipes, with only a few "let's not do this again" experiences.
- I've blogged mostly consistently, and I have weighed in for the accountability.
May it be a blessed year for us all.