A few of my favorite things

[My family is laughing at this title - one of my pet peeves is the apparent belief that "My Favorite Things" is a Christmas song, evidenced by the constant playing of it on various music stations during the season. Have these people never seen the movie??? Just because it talks about wrapped packages and snow...Austria apparently only has those things at Christmas. Bah.]

I, on the other hand, have many favorite things and not just at Christmas! Here's a quick random list in case you are just rabidly curious.

1. Phillip Phillips' debut album, The World from the Side of the Moon -- There is not a single track on this album I don't like. I loved him on American Idol, mostly because he didn't seem to give two hoots if he won and he wasn't going to change his style to make some judge happy. "Home" is the big hit so far, but "Man on the Moon" is one of my favorites.


2. Terra Sweet Potato chips, from Costco/Sam's -- big bags, awesome chips. Sadly, the whole family loves them, so the bags don't last very long. I think we're going to have to write a name on each bag so everyone quits eating my share.

3. My new tablet -- it's a bit smaller than my old one, and much more stable. I don't think I've put it down a single day since I got it. Way to go, honey!

4. Fun Run, on my new tablet -- no, it's not an exercise program. It's a racing game and I've been playing against Bug. The characters throw/drop things to slow down the others and I've almost made myself hoarse yelling at her for decapitating me. Hilarious. We just dragged RDub into it, so things should get interesting. We'll never have an actual conversation again.



5. Downton Abbey -- I can't get enough. The new season must start soon. I'm about to rewatch Season 1 just to get my fix. If you aren't into this yet, please please try it! I've watched British series before (The Tudors, anyone?) and this is just an incredibly well-written, beautifully cast series. Dame Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess is enough to make me tune in, but every.single.character (even the ones I want to hate) is enticing.  And I just found out Shirley MacLaine is going to be in Season 3!


6. Audrey Hepburn movies -- this isn't new information, but I've just been getting Bug to watch them. Funny Face was last week, and I've got My Fair Lady waiting for her to have time this week. I've got to find a copy of Wait Until Dark. Breakfast at Tiffany's will be last. She was incredible, and her humanitarian work is so inspiring.


What's on your favorite things list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.