Whole30 Days 2 and 3

The crankiness is setting in just a smidge. Or maybe that's just my brain telling me to take advantage of it while I have an "excuse."

Drinking iced tea instead of coffee in the morning. I tried hot green tea, but it was nasty without honey or sugar. I'm fine with unsweet tea -- that's all I've had for years -- so it's a little bit of caffeine to keep the headaches at bay.

I've tried some fun new recipes, mostly from Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan. Last night was Pad Thai. I took a picture but apparently it didn't look very appetizing, so I'll use Melissa's instead. That way you can get the recipe, too.
Melissa's pic. Mine tasted great, but I'm no food stylist!
Tonight was an easy frittata, because I thought I would be leaving the house tonight. I planned an easy meal with beef I'd already cooked earlier this week. It turned out good, too.

Basic recipe from It Starts With Food.
I just grabbed some frozen California blend, nuked it for a couple of minutes, cut it into smaller pieces and threw it in the pan with the pre-cooked meat, chopped onions, and some coconut oil. I used about 10 eggs, whisked with salt and pepper, and  poured it over the meat and veggies. 15 minutes in the oven and it was done. I'll make this again with whatever ingredients I have around. It would be great with sausage.

I've definitely not been hungry so far. What I'm not doing as well with is the recommendation that you don't snack (much) between meals. The point is to satisfy yourself with good food at each meal, reducing the need for snacks. I also don't eat breakfast as early as I should -- within one hour of waking. It's so out of my habit that I have to really force myself to eat breakfast sooner. That probably contributes to the desire to snack, actually. So I'll keep working on it.

I AM doing better about going to bed earlier. I've had 8 hours the last two nights and I'm headed to bed shortly. It's amazing the difference that makes in how I feel overall.

Wish me luck with the three day weekend coming up. It's going to be really hard not to want the wine while hanging at the pool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

Week 18 Scorecard