Day 1

Day 1 of Paleo, and I survived!

This was breakfast.
[Now that I see the picture larger than on my phone, that is NOT a red worm -- it's salsa. I'm not a food blogger, remember?]

Two eggs, diced canadian bacon, salsa, and SPINACH. Seriously, I had no idea how much I'd like spinach in my eggs. Almost makes me forget there's no cheese.

This really is a grapefruit -- we found these at Central Market, and they are amazingly good. They feel like they weigh about half of a traditional grapefruit but are the same size. Sweetish, lemony, orange-y, and still taste like a grapefruit.

This was dinner.

Mine is the one without mushrooms on it.


Pork loin cooked all day in the crock pot with diced tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. I seasoned the pork with salt, pepper, and cumin and pan-seared it before putting it in the slow cooker. Add the veggies, then sprinkle with chili powder. The pork falls apart.

The roasted vegetables included sweet potatoes and asparagus, along with the usual cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, squash, and zucchini. I used garlic seasoning on these, and they were yummy.

Leftovers tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.