Week 14 Scorecard

I literally went to bed Sunday night praying that I hadn't actually put on the 10 pounds it felt like I'd gained over the Easter weekend. Chocolate candy, peach cobbler, French bread...even though I knew the sweet potatoes and roasted vegetables were WAY better than mashed potatoes and corn on the cob, I felt huge. I also hadn't worked out since Thursday, so I expected the worst.

Monday I was determined to eat the best I could and definitely get all my water in to wash out the toxins. We had leftover roasted vegetables, and I stayed away from meat until I had some turkey in my dinner salad. There may or may not have been a couple of jalepeno poppers during the day, but that was just so they wouldn't go bad. Really. That's why.

Then I completely lost track of time Monday evening. Went to the chiropractor, got to talking to the hubby...next thing I knew it was 6:45 and I hadn't gotten in a workout yet! And I was hungry! I know I can't eat before I workout, but this wasn't going to go well. I ate about a cup of the roasted vegetables just to get something light on my stomach, and headed up to the gym.

In case you were curious, here's where the magic happens. I probably should have cleaned up the crap before taking a picture.

The TV died in an electrical storm, and won't get cable/satellite. But we were able to hook it to the XBox so I can use that to get Netflix, use Kinect for games, etc.

Apparently the elliptical wasn't enough torture for me. We added the stationary bike last month. My eventual goal is to get a spin class online and see if I can do it. For now, I just do 15-20 minutes, trying to increase the resistance as I go.


Back to the scorecard...I got my 15 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the elliptical, and burned about 600 calories. It was late, so I just had a big salad afterward.

Result? I did not gain 10 pounds. In fact, I lost another pound! Total 16.3. I'm still staying above the pound a week average, but not by much...

I'm considering a major change in the coming weeks, but that's for another post.

Have a great day!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! It was an accident! Dang it, stupid small print on my smart phone. I thought I was clicking to READ it, not DELETE it. Sorry, Gini.

      Delete
  2. You rock girlfriend!! You are losing more than me...we started at the same time, but I'm only at 13lbs. :( But you are always an inspiration to me! Proud of ya sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.