Workouts

At long last, I'm getting serious about tracking my workouts. I know, you've all been wondering and waiting with bated breath about it. I blog to serve.

Here's what I'm thinking. I already do my weigh ins on Tuesday mornings and blog about that at some point on Tuesday. I think I'll do an entry on Mondays (hey, look! It's Monday now!) listing out what I did the previous 7 days. Or, that might be really boring so I'll do something else. Let's just play this by ear.

Week of 6/11 to 6/18
Monday: [first workout since injury 3 weeks ago] elliptical, rolling hills setting, difficulty 4 (minimum) to 12 (maximum); 30 minutes; 420 cals

Tuesday: elliptical, rolling hills setting, difficulty 4 (minimum) to 12 (maximum); 38 minutes; 475 cals

Thursday: elliptical, rolling hills setting, difficulty 3 (minimum) to 10 (maximum); 40 minutes; 450 cals -- I wanted to see if I could increase my time without hurting. It worked, but I'd rather up the difficulty and get the calorie burn.

Saturday: stretching in pool, prepping for water aerobics, a little yard work. Probably an hour, maybe 150 cals

Monday: finally ran outside! 2.03 miles in 26 minutes, which includes a couple of walking intervals in Mile 2. Felt good!


It will be good for me to see a direct relationship between my workouts and my weigh in results. I have water aerobics scheduled for tonight, so it'll be a two-a-day!


One of the purposes of tracking this is to finally make myself do more weight training. We're 4 weeks out from the Haiti mission trip and I want to have what I need to work hard and avoid injury. Last week was all about cardio - trying to get back into the groove after three weeks out. Water aerobics is one part of weight training (the fun part) but I can't avoid pushups forever. I'm still debating what I want to do, and this should get me to try several types of workouts.

What do you like to do for your workouts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.