Food Review: Breakfast bowl

I struggle to eat breakfast. I know it's important, but I am just not hungry for a couple of hours after I get up. So when I saw a recommendation in "Eat This, Not That" for the Jimmy Dean D-Lights, I thought I'd give it a try.

The Details:
  • D-Lights Turkey Sausage bowl -- egg, turkey sausage, potatoes, and light cheese
  • 230 calories, 7 grams fat, 19 carbs, 2 grams fiber, 23 grams protein = 6 WW points
  • 710 mg sodium and 25 mg cholesterol
The Verdict:
It was really tasty. The potatoes were a pleasant surprise (I should read labels). I added salsa and a little pepper, but it didn't need much. I'm seeing how long it is before I'm hungry today. The protein hit should help - that's the first thing I sacrifice because I'm much more of a carb girl, so having a good portion of my daily protein can't hurt.

They have several types of breakfasts in this series, but I haven't seen how the nutritional info matches up. They're all supposed to be below 300 calories though.

I'd buy it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.