Day one done.

Hooray, all the Christmas decorations are put up! Well, partial hooray -- they're all in boxes waiting to go to the attic. Oh, and the nativity still has to get put in its box, but other than that, I'm done!

Completely ridiculous move today - went out for a walk without paying the least bit of attention to the weather and almost froze. Why didn't I turn back around? I'll warm up once I get going. Seriously, I said that in my head. And kept walking. Passed a guy in shorts - see his lips move (earbuds in) and yep, he says, "It's cold," as I pass him. Apparently I wasn't the only one surprised. I made it 30 minutes and headed home...quickly. So I'm behind by 15 minutes.

I did make it to the grocery store. Why do I ever think I can start eating better without going there first? I'm obviously delusional. Anyway, $200 later, I have what I need for a bit. I hope. A few of the interesting purchases: quinoa - I've eaten it before, but can't remember ever cooking it myself; chard - used it in the soup I made tonight, pretty good; Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl (turkey sausage) - I struggle with breakfast, and this one got good reviews.

And I'm pretty sure I got hit on by a woman shopping in the organic section. She was pretty helpful.

The week's menu, as it currently stands:
  • Today was a salad for lunch, then WW vegetable soup. I also browned up a chicken, spinach and feta sausage link (4 pts) and dropped it in my bowl of soup. Pretty yum.
  • Tuesday: Lunch will be a salad, possibly with tuna. Pasta for dinner: whole wheat spaghetti, tomato & basil sauce, then, depending on whether I snack or not, maybe a couple of meatballs.
  • Wednesday: Probably something cold for dinner - church night. Soup for sure.
  • Thursday: Lunch will be something easy. Smoked chicken with green beans for dinner.
  • Friday: Leftovers!
  • Saturday: I don't know for sure but it will NOT be ordered in or eaten out!
It really feels like I'm forgetting something I'm supposed to do this week. Hope it comes to me at some point.

So, the scorecard: Staying within points/calories - check. Exercise - partial check, for 30 minutes. Going to bed early, trying to get that habit started again - check.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.