Smoothie week, part 2

You have a front row seat to a smoothie experiment. I already showed my current favorite smoothie here. Today I branched out. The cast of characters:

A cup of 1% milk, about 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 1 tbsp instant jello pudding mix (if you have protein powder you like, use that - I didn't), and 2 tbsp PB2. Have you discovered PB2 yet? I'll have to do a whole post on it sometime, but basically it's powdered peanut butter! You mix it with almost anything to reconstitute it -- honey, syrup, milk, oatmeal, or just blend it like I'm about to do. It has 45 calories for 2 tbsp, compared to 190 in regular PB. Anyway, this is my first smoothie with it, so let's see what happens.

Once all that was in the blender, I added about 6 ice cubes. I like my smoothies really slushy, so that plus the frozen bananas should give it a good consistency. Add more or less to suit your preference. Okay, here we go....

......blending.....
......shaking......
......tasting.....

YUM. Peanut buttery, banana-y, creamy. I'll definitely be making this one again.

Running the numbers: This one is higher than the pure fruit-based one from earlier. Looks something like this:
1% milk = 110 calories (3WW pts)
Pudding mix = 50 calories (1WW pt) - protein powder would change this
Banana = 125 calories (0WW pt)
PB2 = 45 calories (1WW pt)
Total = 330 calories (5WW pts)

There are so many variations - yogurt (banana!) instead of milk, real PB instead of the powdered....I'll be interested to see how this one compares to my usual mix in how long before I'm hungry again. It's got a higher protein hit, so maybe it will last, and offset the higher calorie/point count.

Try it! Let me know what variations you come up with.

Comments

  1. Looks Yummy!! I'm trying to find a good smoothie that doesn't ask for yogurt-I can't stand it.

    I'll be trying this one-thanks!

    (Powdered peanut-butter??!?-Amaze!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PB2 is shaping up to be the coolest thing I've found in many years! It's supposed to be good in cookies, cakes, whatever!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All the food!

Cheese, glorious cheese.

B f l Day 11: Let's talk TV.